Testing Centres


Where can I get tested?


Hepatitis B testing is carried out by doctors and health specialists at their clinics or hospital departments. These include:

  • Some GP Surgeries. Just ask your doctor for a test, or a referral for testing.
  • Sexual Health (GUM) Clinics.
  • Drug Dependency Units. Most drug dependency units can offer the antibody tests to patients in treatment or being supported by a community drug counsellor.
  • Maternity settings - check the NHS antenatal testing guide

Alternatively, search the Service Finder on this site for your nearest testing centre.

Find Support in Scotland

Search for Hepatitis B services in
your area.
Find out more 

Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework 

The Scottish Government has published the Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework to tackle Hepatitis B in Scotland.
> Download Framework