Treatment: Where to go and who to meet.


Who will I meet on my journey with Hepatitis B?


If you have an acute Hepatitis B infection your journey may be a short one. You will get to know the GP and nurses at your local health centre. If your infection becomes chronic you will also meet a team of specialist doctors and nurses at your treatment centre.


At the beginning of treatment, and at key moments, you will meet your consultant who is a liver expert.  You will meet a specialist nurse who will look after you during your treatment.  You will probably get to know each other very well over the course of your treatment.


Some advice is provided in terms of dealing with your doctor and other health professionals.  It’s also worth getting in touch with voluntary sector support organisations devoted to those with viral hepatitis.


Where do I go for treatment?


Treatment for Hepatitis B is available across Scotland, typically within a hospital setting.  Please refer to the service finder for your nearest treatment centre.

Find Support in Scotland

Search for Hepatitis B services in
your area.
Find out more 

Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework 

The Scottish Government has published the Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework to tackle Hepatitis B in Scotland.
> Download Framework