Where to go for a test?

Where can I get tested?


Hepatitis B testing is available across Scotland and is carried out by doctors and other health specialists at clinics both in the community and in hospital settings. These include:


  • GP Surgeries. Just ask your doctor for a test, or referral for testing
  • Sexual Health (G.U.M) Clinics.  All GUM clinics in Scotland offer hepatitis B testing.
  • Drug dependency units. prisons and some occupational settings
  • Maternity settings (see NHS info on antenatal care testing)   

Ask at your GP’s surgery or local voluntary sector support organisation for contact details of your nearest test centre.  Alternatively search the Service Finder for a service in your area.

Find Support in Scotland

Search for Hepatitis B services in
your area.
Find out more 

Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework 

The Scottish Government has published the Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework to tackle Hepatitis B in Scotland.
> Download Framework